Sunday, March 29, 2009

No house

We heard back from the people with the house and it's a no-go. I don't know why, but really, I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I knew it was all in God's hands and we couldn't control the outcome. I think the reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. The lady we've been communicating with said her brother insisted it be rented to a retired couple with no kids. What retired couple needs that much space, I do not know. I just hope it's someone who needed fairly inexpensive housing and not some wealthy people that could have paid for something more. Maybe God has something better out there for us. Who knows. Time will tell. One thing that is great about where we live now is our current landlord. Julie is awesome. It's just really tiny with no room to grow.

Really, this is so insignificant compared to other things going on in the lives of other people. Baby Stellan is not doing so well, so please continue to pray for him, his mama, the rest of their family and doctors. MckMama has really been hanging on to Jesus and trusting in His will, but I imagine it's difficult for her to comprehend what that will could be. I'm praying for a complete healing for Stellan, no matter how the Lord chooses to do that because I think that is what his mom would want.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm sorry about the house--I wanted us to be neighborhood buddies--but I really appreciate your attitude. (Maybe the landlord thinks all people with kids are messy and destructive?? Not true, I know, but some people are just ridiculous. We looked at a house when we were house-hunting that had been a rental, and the previous occupants had torn out and stolen the water heater. The water heater. Weird. So maybe he was burned in the past and didn't want to give anyone a chance. Which is unfortunate, because I know you guys are fabulous.)

ANYWAY. I'm glad you're getting the word out about Stellan. Sweet, sweet little guy.