Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Prayer

Sometimes it's better to take a step back and do nothing. Well, except pray. We have a few situations going on right now and that is all I can do. Situation #1 I can't do anything about anyway. It's just one of those things that happens and you have no control over it. Nothing that affects other people, just one of those things in life you'd rather not have to worry about. Literally. Situation #2 I have control over, but it's the process of figuring out the right thing to do. Situation #3 is really nothing I have control over either. We're looking into renting a house in Kankakee and it would be TOTALLY fabulous!!! Seriously, it would fit our family's needs so much more. It's all in God's hands, but I'm praying if we don't get it, someone like us, who needs more space for a little less money, will get it. An added bonus is we'd be close to the Case's and we like them! Kylee talked about Jack and Baylor for days after Christine watched them for a couple hours one afternoon. Situation #4 isn't a huge deal, just something I'm learning to leave up to God. Just something I want.

Well, all of it has to be left up to God because, well, let's face it. If I try to do too much, I may screw up what God has planned. I don't want to do that.

I'm trying to remember a quote I read once. I can't remember in which book I read it, but it is

Prayer is effective and loaded with grace.
when confronted with an overwhelming circumstance, we say, "All we can do is pray." It is enough. It is more than enough. It unlocks the presence and power of God himself.


I know God hears my prayers. I just don't always like the answers to them. Sometimes I forget that God knows best and think I know better. Sometimes I forget that I only see a tiny window of life, where as God sees the entire picture. I often forget that God knows me better than I know myself. I even forget that he really does love me sometimes. But like parents, God gives us answers that are the best for us either for now or someday, not necessarily the ones we really want to hear. I will admit that I really hope I like the answers to these prayers though!

1 comment:

Christine said...

We want you here, too!

Lots of situations. Aren't you so glad we're called to give them up? I'd hate to be in charge of everything.

As always, in my prayers!