Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not me! Monday on Tuesday.

Better late than not at all! =)





Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not feed my kids goldfish crackers for breakfast one day because I didn't feel like making anything else. They did not enjoy their breakfast, and did not ask for more goldfish the next morning.

Starbucks did not call my name many times this week. I did not cave and buy an extra one last week. (We do not budget $5 a week for me to have a Starbucks on Monday mornings). My husband also did not give in and buy me one as well. I did not consume two grande frappuccinos and one grande caramel macchiato last week. We would never spend $12-15 on such frivilous things in one week!

I did not ask my sweet husband to drop Kylee and me off at the mall while he and Elijah went to get the oil changed. I did not have secret plans to buy Kylee (and me!) Auntie Anne's pretzels as my breakfast and a special treat for her.

At the mall, I also did not scope out the really expensive Easter dresses at Carsons. In doing so, I did not allow myself to be pulled to the yellow dot sale racks where gorgeous Christmas dresses from last season hung. They were not begging me to buy them and take them home. I did not pick out my favorite and purchase it after finding out that the cost of the dress was then $10.20 as opposed to the $68 originally.

I was not overjoyed when my mother-in-law went back later and bought the other two styles as well. I was also not happy when she decided to purchase Kylee's Easter dress at Target as well.

My husband and I did not allow his mom to put the Carsons purchases, plus some for Elijah, and some that WE were purchasing on her new Carsons card. We would never even think about putting purchases on anyone's credit card just to get an additional 20% off! We did not vow to never use another credit card 3 years ago, and we do not despise them. But we still did not accept the use of her credit card. We did not immediately pay her for our purchases with cash!

I am not at all disappointed that, after 3 nice WARM days, it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I am not being a big baby about it.

I did not eat most of the girl scout thin mints my mother-in-law bought for Nick. I did not do it again when she replaced the cookies after the first time. I would not do it again if she buys him a third box. Girl scout cookies are not too good to pass up!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I LURVE your not-mes this week. They so parallel my own, it's scary. Did you see my confessions about my various Devon's treats? And we haven't used credit cards in over 2 years. Like I said, scary.

And I made myself commit to finding Char's Easter dress at that consignment sale I told you about in Flint, and we found a great one for her. Now if only I could find outfits for the boys this Saturday, we'll be set! I do NOT make my kids wear Easter outfits that are actually used.

Christine said...

OH, yeah, and I like your header. If you ever have one that won't fit, let me know--I know an HTML trick that might work.

Anonymous said...

Finding the perfect Easter dress that won't cost too much may be difficult sometimes.