Friday, March 13, 2009

God remembers, even when we forget

For several months we prayed and prayed about having a second vehicle. We thought that was going to be our Sebring once we bought our van, but in the weeks before buying our van, Nick got in a minor car accident, and the Sebring doesn't run, insurance won't cover it (because it was being used to deliver pizzas and most insurance companies don't cover then). Then we thought MAYBE we could get Nick's old junker fixed. He called a place and to replace the entire exhaust system, it'd only be around $150 plus renewing the registration since it's been sitting. Over the past several weeks, we just figured that's what we'd do. We'd save a little here and there and fix the Topaz, so we stopped praying that prayer.

While it's not necessary for us to have two vehicles, it would be nice since Nick works a half hour away and it gets old being stuck inside all day. I take him to work on Mondays in order to go to Moms group. He also has to use the van for delivering pizzas. Not great on gas mileage to use a minivan.

Yesterday I got a call from someone from church. I will keep their names quiet because sometimes people don't want these things to get out because they don't want credit, they want to remain anonymous. She told me that her dad had gotten a new car and wanted to give us his old car. Just give it to us! I have heard of that happening to other people-it happened to Nick's cousin a few years ago, but it never happened to us! A car is a HUGE thing to just give away! It's old, an 89 Toyota Camry, but it's been well taken care of. I've heard great things about Toyotas running for many many years if they are taken care of. The car is being delivered to us today. I had forgotten about this prayer because we thought the answer was the Topaz, but apparently God remembered our prayers and had another answer in mind. We'll have to get it insured and get the registration done, but not a big deal when we get a free car!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats AWESOME Rach! I'm so excited for you guys!
Love,
Stephanie