We had a fabulous time in Michigan this weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed spending time at my aunt and uncle's house for the final time. While I am a little sad that they won't be so close anymore, I am so excited for them and their upcoming move to Florida. I have never been to Florida, so we are thinking we may use some of our tax money next year to go visit them. Even though it's a year off, and anything can happen (like the government becoming even more greedy we won't see a tax return), I am already excited at the very thought of just the possibility of Florida, beaches, the ocean, pools and family. It didn't feel like we'd never be back to my aunt's house, even though it's the truth. Maybe it hasn't quite hit that she won't be there next time we go up. I think in the next few years most of that side of the family will be pretty spread out. Flint is just going downhill. There is nothing there anymore. If (or maybe more accurately when?) GM closes there, it's going to become a ghost town. Everything around there is dependent on GM. I'm glad my aunt and uncle are getting out now. I hope that my other family members are able to either get out before it gets too bad, or find other ways to make it there.
I DID miss my husband terribly while I was gone. The kiddos and I went without him. Other than the one night I stayed in the hospital after Elijah was born (he came home to be with Kylee), we have never been apart since before we got married. We talked a few times, texted (is that a word, Christine?), but I generally kept my mind off it. It is so much more difficult to manage two toddlers with no husband. My aunts and my sister helped when I needed to go inside to pee, or when I was trying to get Elijah to sleep and Kylee wanted food, and just loving on them, so that was great. My aunt has taken to them like they are her own grandchildren. Anyhow, back to my sweet hubby. I came home to a house that was cleaner than when I left! I had cleaned up, made sure it was as neat and orderly as I could with a fussy baby, Elijah whining, and two doctors appointments that day. I wasn't sure if he'd remember to get his socks to the laundry room, or if there'd be dishes in the sink, but lo and behold, everything was picked up, floors vacuumed, and all the dished done. He even gave the dog a bath!
On a not so fun note, I came home expecting he'd be home shortly after. He had to work and was given the 4-8 shift. Usually on Sundays that means he'd be home by 7 or 7:30. He was going to pick up Italian beef sandwiches from Boz's, however Boz closes at 8 and he did not get off work by 8:00. He got home sometime around 8:30 and I was so glad to see him. I think I squeezed him pretty hard. It was so nice to feel his arms around me. I don't know how people can go long periods of time without seeing their spouse. I am thankful to our military men, but also thankful that is not my husband's calling! Two days is plenty long enough for me. I don't know military spouses get through that. That is their strength. Mine lies in other areas.
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
6 months ago


1 comment:
Yeah, I'll accept "texted." Those kinds of words get put into the dictionaries pretty quickly as their usage spreads. Once it's in the OED, you know you're golden. :)
I'm glad you had a fun visit! And I'm even more glad that you came home to a happy husband and a clean home. What more could a girl want?
Post a Comment