I opened my email to an incredible sweet one from my hubby this morning:
I love you. Thank you for being such a great wife. I appreciate your willingness to babysit to help out with finances. You are a great mother to our kids. I understand they get very frustrating. I also understand that things get hectic and you can’t always get to the house. I love you and miss you and can’t wait to see you when I get home.
I love that he thinks to write me emails like that. I'll admit, I cried a little. I'm such a sap. But he knows just how much I appreciate little notes. I love that he allows me to add $5 a week to budget in a Starbucks drink of my choice. This is my indulgence on my way to moms group every week. I love that sometimes he knows I want something before I even ask. For example, the other day I mentioned I was really thirsty and had forgotten my water bottle (I'm really trying to take it everywhere). I mentioned that a shaken black tea lemonade sounded good. He was already planning on stopping to get me one! That was my Easter treat and I thoroughly enjoyed ever ounce of it.
He knows when I need to get out on my own and does everything he can to make it happen, even if it means managing dinner clean up, bathtime and bedtime on his own. He is ok with me being gone on Monday evening so I can go to band and be with only adults and no kids. I might not play the clarinet the best (or even close), and we don't sit and chat, but it sure is nice to be in a room full of adults, even when most are MUCH older than me.
He's a snuggler. He likes to sit close while we watch movies or TV. He likes to cuddle, even though he gets really hot. I love that it's just as important to him as it is me. I also know that before he goes to sleep, he generally has to be lying on his right side, so I don't take it personally when he turns his back to me. I just know that's how he is comfortable. He doesn't mind that I put my cold feet all over him to warm them up either. It doesn't bother him that I'm a toucher. I have to be touching him to fall asleep. Usually it's my feet on his legs, but he's ok with that. I have no idea how I'll fall asleep this weekend when I'm in Michigan and he's here in Illinois.
He is a hard-worker. He works two jobs to support our family because we both agree that I should be home with our kids. While I have offered to get an evening job so he doesn't have to, he wants to be the provider. I think it makes him feel really good, and I'm happy that he feels good about it.
He prays with me every single night before we go to sleep. Even when he is so exhausted he's falling asleep on the couch, he'll still pray with me. I love that he wraps me in his arms and talks to God, bringing our family to Him, our friends, and our life.
He just makes me beam with pride. Sure, he does some dumb things sometimes-who doesn't? He's human. Sometimes he leaves his socks in the middle of the living room floor. I never said he was perfect, but I always say he is perfect for me.
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
7 months ago


1 comment:
This is a sweet tribute to a good man. Way to go, Nick!
Post a Comment