Monday, January 5, 2009

Showers of Money

I have so much to do today, I shouldn't be blogging. But I am. =) And I've also read a couple, but I think Christine's is probably one of my favorites. I think she makes me laugh almost everytime. The times she doesn't are the times that it's a more serious post. I especially like her "Not Me Mondays." If I could be as witty and creative, I think I might try them.

I should be cleaning my incredibly disorganized and messy house right now. We had planned on doing it yesterday, but spent the afternoon at my mother-in-law's instead. I need to clean every single room in this house, but I think today, I'll let the living room and kitchen go until my bedroom is done. I hate going to bed in a messy room, and contrary to what you would see now, I do think it should be the cleanest room in our house! That is our place of refuge, and with the exception of a middle of the night nursing session and Saturday and Sunday family time all snuggled in our bed (or climbing the headboard to see out the window) our bedroom is off-limits to children. I think I just may surprise my husband with a floor he can walk on without tripping over the piles of clothes I desperately need to put away so I can find things again. I love the holiday season, but I do not like how I let myself get so behind! If I feel like it after that, I'll move to the kitchen.

Lately, as a part of making over myself, I have spent much time in prayer (why didn't I do this before, I have asked myself MANY times) over the past week or so. I've been praying specifically for a few things, other things not so specifically. I have been praying that God would help us in the area of finances as we have made a vow to manage our money MUCH better this year. We realized we actually have more than we thought (still not a lot of money, but more), we just didn't manage it well. Anyway, I have also asked to go give us an increase in our finances because we really do need to find a bigger place to live in the coming months or year. Well, last night Nick used his mom's car when he delivered pizzas so I could run some errands. Of all the cash we had between us (again, wasn't much because we had used what we did have to stock our diapers and fridge for a few days) there was only one $5 bill. He only went on 3 deliveries (thanks to the delivery driver who decided to just show up and write himself in), using less than $5 worth gas on Karen's car, but gave her the $5 because she did let him use her car, which caused her to have to go shopping with me and two insanely grumpy toddlers. This morning, I let our dog, Barrett, outside. It was probably the third or fourth time this morning, and I noticed a $5 bill sitting on our porch. I immediately emailed my hubby to be sure he actually remembered to give the money to his mom, and he said he did. I have no idea where this money came from, buy Nick said God. I'm goign to go with that unless someone tells me they left $5 on our front porch. Stranger yet, is Barrett didn't try to eat it since i noticed it when I was letting him IN, not OUT.

I suppose I should be a good wife now, and go clean something. Or perhaps I'll procrastinate a little longer and read books to my kids to give Barrett a break from being climbed on. Or maybe I'll just turn Dora or Diego back on...that should be a part of Not me monday!

No comments: