Thursday, January 8, 2009

10 Reasons I Love My Husband

10 Reasons I love my husband (and there are MORE but 10 are enough today)
1. He loves Jesus. He does his best to be a godly husband and dad.
2. He loves me for me. My successes and failures don't change his love for me.
3. He loves our children. He plays with them, bathes them when he can, cleans them up, puts them to bed when he's home, prays with them. He gets up with Elijah in the middle of the night so we can work on weaning him. He is an active role in their lives.
4. He provides for our family. He is very passionate about being our provider. While I have offered on many occasions to get a job in the evening, he prefers to be the one to provide our income. Like most American families, we can't live solely off one income (unless it was about 50% more) right now. One of us has to work in the evenings. He wants me home with our kids. I am glad for that because I like being with them. I would most certainly find a job if he changed his mind, but so far, he has not and I think he secretly likes delivering pizzas.
5. He's a peace-maker. He is a "never go to bed angry" kind of man. If we disagree on something, he likes to get it talked out right away. It drives me nuts in the moment, but in the end, it's always a good thing.
6. He knows me better than I know myself, I think. He knows what I like. He seems to know what I want before I even ask.
7. He's easy going. I don't think our household could handle two uptight adults! He doesn't let the little things bother him.
8. He compliments me. He tells me things that I, as a woman, need to hear. When he says it, I believe him.
9. He is very talented!
10. He is supportive. From the beginning we have agreed on how we wanted our marriage and parenting to be. When I considered formula-feeding with Kylee, he was supportive. When I had to stop breast-feeding her because I lost supply, he was supportive. When I chose to breastfeed past a year, he was supportive. After learning our kids slept better in the early months by co-sleeping, he was supportive. When we have troubles with his mom, he's supportive and always sticks up for me, us and our little family.




This is the man I will love forever!

No comments: