Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking ahead to what will be a great year!

Looking back at 2008, I think it's safe to say I will not miss it. Yes, I have enjoyed watching my children grow and learn, but 2007 and 2008 have been the toughest years I've ever had to endure. I'm glad they are both gone, and I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling 2009 is going to bring great things! There are going to be changes the Cunningham household as 2009 unfolds! Stick around and you'll get a front row seat!

I was searching online yesterday and found a site that tells you what to read in order to read the Bible through in a year in order of events, not books of the Bible. I'm already excited and it's only been one day. I was praying before I read that God would show me something new since I've read the first three chapters of Genesis many times before. The verses kept standing out to me that man was put here to work, and woman was put here to help man. I think that that will mean something very different to each and every person, but it gave me something to think about in my marriage. What ways can I be a better helpmate to my husband? He works so hard outside the home that I know that keeping up laundry and the house is one way. I haven't been too great about that the past year, but this year is going to be different! Starting monday (because it's easier at the start of the week) I'm going to schedule our days so I can get specific things done each day and so our kids are on a schedule. I'm going to do my best to be the best wife for my husband, and to help him make our family the best it can be.

I also read a little section in Love Beyond Reason. I have read part of this book before, but it was five years ago! I've changed so much since then! But it never ceases to amaze me that God loves me like he does. God loves me right where I am. He gave his ONLY SON so that my sins could be forgiven! I just got goosebumps writing that. How amazing is that? I know we've been taught that our entire lives, but having my own children makes it so much more real! No way would I give my son up (or my daughter!) for someone who would hurt me over and over, maybe disown me, much less an entire world of someones! That is a love that is indescribable, a love only God can give. I've learned a lot of about love becoming a wife and then a mom. I've learned that the more you love, the more love you have to give. The more love you give, the more love your heart seems to have. And people just look happier when they are full of love! I'm sure I'll go through seasons of anger or questioning or doubt because I'm human and I can't see the whole picture that God can see, but I'm glad to know I have a God who loves me where I am, but doesn't want me to stay here. He wants me to get better. He loves me the way I am, but refuses to leave me this way. I hope that I can be a daughter God will be proud of. I haven't been, but maybe this year my "artwork" will be on God's fridge!

I forgot...
My husband did a fabulous thing when we were in Chicago the other night. Not only did he give away his yummy orange peel beef left-overs to a homeless man, he also bought another man dinner. We took him into subway and got him a footlong and a bag of chips. Sure it was only about 7.50, but this is a tight week since it was my birthday and rent week. And if this guy had a friend, Nick was going to buy one for his friend too. I think he was a little nervous about it because every little bit counts this week with it being just after the holidays, but I truly believe God is going to bless my husband for being obedient and helping out someone in need. We've been helped by others when we needed it, now, even when it might be just a little thing, it is our turn to start giving back. I married a good man. We never give money, but usually we take sandwiches to give out. This time we didn't because we didn't have a stroller to store them in. I'm glad God gave us that opportunity and used us to help that man

No comments: