Friday, August 21, 2009

Scared.

I'm scared. Scared about baby #3. I'm not at all scared about the labor and delivery part. I'm not scared of having three kids. I'm scared of going into labor when Nick is at work. I am praying my doctor will schedule an induction so we know ahead of time. I'm scared because I honestly do not have any idea what we are going to do with our kids. I wish my best friend was here. I wish my mom lived here. Those are two people I know I could always count on to be able to call at a moments notice and say, "We're going to the hospital, we need to drop the kids off." I don't have anyone else like that. My sister will have a new baby, and will most likely be back to work. I am sincerely hoping and praying that we are either scheduled for an induction, or this baby comes over Thanksgiving weekend or the following weekend. When people are not at work. Really, I'm not scared about becoming a mom of three. I'm scared of what's going to happen with my other two kids when that happens.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Rachel - Bring the kids to us. SERIOUSLY. I am not kidding. You always have us. We will always help, at a moment's notice, no matter what time of day or night. Really, you can count on the Cases. Write us down on your contact list and make us the "go to" people when you go into labor. Okay?

You have nothing to fear! Even if those you'd normally count on aren't able to help, you have the mom's group, your church, and friends who love you and your family.

And I promise you'll do fine with 3. Your two are old enough to be able to help and understand that the baby gets a little more attention. They are good kids. You'll be fine. Take a deep breath. And CALL ME if you need ANYTHING.

Okay, done.

Christine said...

Okay, I just re-read this and realized that, in my hasty 1st skimming, I had misread the part about you NOT being scared of being a mom of 3. Fantastic! That's the biggest hurdle. The "what to do with my other 2" thing is peanuts compared to that.