Thursday, August 27, 2009

Almost four years

I can't believe it's Thursday already. I'm totally welcoming how fast this week has gone by, but I still can't believe it. It's hard to believe next week we will be in September! Our 4th anniversary is two weeks from today! It's crazy to think that four years ago, we were putting the final touches on our wedding planning. I"m so glad that is done and over with. I loved our wedding, but planning seemed to cause so much drama because some people didn't like what I wanted, and were not thrilled when we didn't do things their way. Oh well. I stuck to my guns and had the wedding I wanted. We received many compliments on our wedding, AND the things that we were told would look stupid ended up being favorites of other people because they were different from what everyone else does! It's so hard to believe four years have passed. Four years, job losses and gains, three pregnancies, a dog, a bad move to AZ (and a good one back to IL), drama, drama, drama, but it hasn't made us weaker in our relationship, only stronger.

I am blessed to have a husband who will stand up for me, will stand beside me, and is such a good provider for our family. I can't imagine the stress he must feel at times to be providing for a soon-to-be family of five all by himself. I hope rather than being discouraged, he feels proud of how hard he is working and how he is supporting and taking care of his family. I am proud of him. He's a great husband and daddy. I love to sit and eavesdrop when he puts the kids to bed. Last night, I had to turn the TV down to hear. I love listening to him read stories to them, then sing songs. It's so cute. It makes my heart melt.

None of this means we haven't had our disagreements. We have. Anyone who knows me knows that I am stubborn, so that alone makes it impossible to not have disagreements. But we seem to handle them very differently than a lot of people we know. We've never had an all out fight like so many people have told us they do. We have used a sharp tone occasionally, and while I know I always regret it, I'm glad it has never progressed to yelling at each other. Usually those sharp tones are a sign that there are some things that need to be dealt with. At that point, before I can even reach the yelling point, I just start crying. Even when I feel that vulnerable, and I might be mad at him, it's so nice to know that he's going to pull me into his arms and hold me close. Neither of us are perfect. We don't claim to be. But I've always said we are perfect for each other. There is no one out there who's personality complements mine more than Nick's. There is no one out there who knows me better than my husband. There is no one out there I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.

No comments: