I feel the need to explain something for a minute here. I am not against homebirths. I read up on them, and in some cases it's a great decision, and it's right for some people. After doing my reading, Nick and I decided it is NOT for us. I don't mind the interventions and I WANT an epidural.
What I am against is people trying to push their opinions on others, or making them feel bad for their decisions. It is YOUR birth choice, and I respect that, but it is not mine. I take comfort in being in the hospital. I take comfort in the epiduarl, and I even take comfort in an induction because I have two other kids and my husband's job, so it helps us to be able to plan. I know those things are not for everyone. If someone wants a homebirth, that is their choice, and I think it's great for them, but why make others feel bad or like they had less of a birth experience because they chose (or in some cases didn't because of other circumstances) to do something different.
I personally will not choose to do a birth without an epidural. The pain I felt with Elijah made me more tense. I know myself and I know how much that epidural helped me to relax once I finally got it. The only way I'm not having an epidural is if I get to the hospital too late. That is my choice. If you like to birth without any meds, that is great for you.
My point in the previous entry (which may have been a little harsh) was we shouldn't make others feel bad about their birth choice. I don't like the idea of an elective c-section (meaning for stupid reasons like not having a cone-headed baby and things like that), but I would respect your decision if that's what you choose. I should have worded that better in my previous entry. I know some people don't trust doctors, and that is fine for them. I do. I like my doctors, and I trust them or I wouldn't be paying them. Without those doctors, I might not have Kylee today. It's one thing to have an opinion or belief about something, but it's another to push those ideas on others. You can feel strongly about something without being pushy. I enjoyed both of my birth experiences a lot.
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
6 months ago


1 comment:
Hey, I hear what you are saying, even though the decision on your birth is between you and Nick and no one else I hear ya.
check out my blog too http://yousaidwhatagain.blogspot.com/
April Gutierrez
Post a Comment