Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sneaky Mommy

I think I just might be nearing the end of morning sickness...or in my case all day nausea and night sickness. I am finally starting to be able to cook for my family again! That's right, I have barely cooked since week five of my pregnancy...I'm just over 11 weeks now. I have cooked TWICE this week. That is quite the feat for me right now! The smell of things cooking just made me want to vomit. But I have been ok! So, I think this weekend it will be back to meal planning and see how that works for us. I started it, but never really stuck with it. I'd like to now.

Tonight I made salsbury steaks (and by made, I took them out of the package and put them in the oven), peeled and cut potatoes to make mashed potates and we had garden blend veggies (nearly always frozen, rarely canned). Elijah has developed a strong dislike for fruits and vegetables. He will taste them and refuse to eat them. I had to get a little creative to get them in him. First of all, we started buying the V8 drinks that have fruit and vegetables in them and give him one sippy cup of that a day. Not the best way to get it in him, but it gets something in him. I also try to puree veggies and mix them into his food. Sometimes he notices, therefore refusing, sometimes he eats it right up. It worked perfectly tonight with mashed potatoes! And, because this particular bag of veggies had a lot more cauliflour than broccoli and carrots, it didn't change the color too much either. I actually tasted his mix of mashed potatoes and veggies (yes, I'm a mom, I sometimes do that stuff) and it was pretty good! Even better with a little gravy added. I was just happy to get at least a little bit of veggies into him.

Now, I must get back to cleaning up the kitchen then, I'm taking my kiddos for a walk...maybe to Starbucks! I also need to run to Kroger. I found $10 in the pocket of my jeans and we need milk. It's an off pay week, so we wait till the tips start coming in tonight from pizza delivery, and my check from babysitting and that will get us through till Tuesday and the following Monday (Monicals and Applied Systems respectively).

No comments: