Did anyone else watch the special "announcement" on Jon and Kate last night? I had a pretty good idea they were announcing divorce, but I had a little hope in me that maybe, just maybe they came to their senses and were saying "We're quitting the show and working on our marriage because THAT is more imporant than money and fame." No such luck, but I am not really all that surprised. Jon has become so immature and I think he's going through a mid-life crisis. Kate is always degrading him in some sort of way, and she is clearly doing it for the money and fame, not for the kids. Seriously, I feel terrible for those kids. Their parents used their marital problems to market and television show.
When it comes down to it, we all change through the years. Jon and Kate kept saying they've changed. We all do. We live, we learn, and we change. Marriage is hard work. It does not come easy at all. I made a vow to my husband and to God that I'm going to stick this out and make it work, and I will do that with all of my heart. There is no one in this world more important to me than my husband. We don't always agree on things. We were raised very differently (the exception being we were both raised in not only Christian, but Nazarene homes). But we find ways to compromise our differences. Love is not a feeling. Love is a commitment. It is supposed to be a lifelong commitment. No, I don't have eight children. I have 2 with another coming. Kids can be stressful. But my biggest ally is my husband. Communication is key.
I am sad for their children. I'm sad that aren't even trying to work it out. I'm sad that they couldn't be an example to people and actually put their family before money.
If this is what money does to people, I'd rather not have it...and we don't have much of it, so it's "moo point" (ok, you have to be a FRIENDS fan to get that) in our house. I married my husband for life. Unless he does something really stupid, like shacking up with another lady, we're in this till death do us part.
I know not everyone will agree with me. This is my personal opinion.
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
6 months ago


5 comments:
I agree with you, I used to love that show, but if you watch the marathons, you can progressivly see Kate changing from a loving mom to someone who just wants the fame and money.. And did you notice how all the kids were wearing the Crooked House t-shirts?! I couldn't believe it, BASICALLY the children are becoming "commercials" and "advertising" for different companies, and they are getting everything for free now and making a ton of money (which I'm sure they have prolly spent most of by now) Its sad :( But honestly I think the kids are so attatched to the show now too, I mean they told their dad to be quiet b/c they were doing their interviews.. they are going to grow up just like their parents.. Its sad but I can't stop watching for some reason! :(
I 1000% agree with you. I stopped watching the show regularly a long time ago. The toys R us incident where she is yelling at her husband in a way no wife should and people were looking at her like she was nuts? Truly bothered me. Nobody ever seemed happy and that bothered me too.
I'm not sure how to say this without it being misunderstood, but they were given two amazing gifts and didn't struggle to long (I don't wish that on anyone and am so happy when I hear of people getting pregnant on their honeymoon or having them early on) with her PCOS before they were conceived and born. Very rarely there are some people who just don't understand how good they have it (Kate is one that comes to mind). It just doesn't seem to me she has that much patience with them even when their on their outings with just a few kids. If it were me every day my children would be told what a blessing and miracle they are without tv cameras present.
With the duggars everyone is loving and have more than twice as many kids yet they don't have a staff to help care for their kids, while some might not agree with having the older ones help out with the younger ones I babysat when I was younger and you can't argue that the kids haven't turned out to be loving, kind and with Josh a productive member of society. I love watching that family! I wish TLC would cancel Kate is enough I mean jon and kate plus 8. The who doing product plugs and using the children to do so to me is wrong.
I think the show stopped being reality with so many staged trips and everything a long time ago. I think both had a part to play in the breaking of their marriage. Its sad very sad especially for the children whom they exploit.
I think God knew what he was doing when he gave us this challenge of infertility. We got married on June 3rd 2006 and have been trying for number 1 ever since. we've experienced the pain of a failed adoption, and right now we struggle with what to do next.
I think one of the most disturbing comments I read regarding this whole thing came from Jon himself. He said something along the lines of, "I let her run the show and trample me so long. Now I'm finally standing up for myself!" Um, okay. With a divorce, Jon? That doesn't seem like a proper, husbandly thing to do. You could stand up to her in your marriage with respect, act like an man, and stop the whole "bewildered male" act that allowed Kate to get so controlling in the first place. You can do this all without a divorce.
And I have to say, I'm a little more sympathetic with Kate than you. Sure, she's still to blame. She could tone it down several notches, and she's clearly not doing her part to overhaul this marriage. But she has 8 kids, 6 of whom will need braces, school supplies, and college all at the same time, not to mention the "incidentals" like groceries, clothes, and toiletries along the way. This show is her job, in a way, and while I agree that her marriage should come first, you at least have to sympathize with how she's hanging onto their livelihood as hard as she can. Jon doesn't seem too worried about pursuing higher education or getting a better job, so it's up to her to provide for them. Thus the traveling to promote her book, etc. It's a tough call.
Christine, I do agree that Jon doesn't seem to have any motivation to do much of anything. But honestly, to me that's not at all surprising. When a man is degraded so often, especially publicly and by his wife, it makes him feel so worthless. He probably feels like a failure and can't do anything right so why try? I'm not condoning his actions by any means at all. I think they both need to grow up, get real jobs (she could go back into nursing since the kids will all be in school full-time in the fall) and he could get a job. Sure it will be tough after getting $50,000-75,000 an episode, but when they seemed so much happier when they had to work for what they have rather than being handed everything and being in the spotlight.
Post a Comment