Kylee has a teacher who is perfect for her. She has made some pretty great friends. She's learning so much, and reading far beyond what I ever expected. She's learning sign language. I have been able to get involved too. I had no idea what these new changes would bring us. Having a kid in school takes us into the next phase. For nearly six years, I had been at home, and had all my kids with me. Now one was gone much of the day. We made a decision when Kylee was a baby that it was important for me to be home. It was actually the best decision financially considering how expensive daycare is! I wasn't sure how my role would change as they start heading off to school one by one. I sometimes joke and say I look forward to the day they are all in school because I'll have a clean house for a few hours a week. Truth is, I do look forward to in in some ways. After this year, I've learned that I get to be involved, just in different ways. I get to do class parties, volunteer in the classroom, meet and get to know the kids in her class, meet and get to know some of the parents, and even go on field trips. Until a few weeks ago, I never knew how much I'd love and look forward to spending a few hours with 28 kindergarteners! I love the hugs I get when I leave on Friday mornings. I've gotten to help on the PTO and meet some pretty great ladies. I love it. I love every bit of it. I look forward to having two there next year. I know Elijah will do well in Mrs. Alvey's class next year.
I love this new phase of life. I am excited for what the future holds. I don't want my kids to grow up so fast, but I am not afraid of this phase anymore. I am glad to have the opportunity to be involved. I have absolutely no doubts that this is exactly where we are supposed to be right now.
My favorite!


1 comment:
Beautiful post. You are exactly right. This stage does feel so right. Your daughter is beautiful, creative, and intelligent. That says a lot about her first few years :)
Post a Comment