This morning, as I was praying, I experienced something I have never
experienced this way. I was praying about my fears, and let's add a new one
shall we? Yesterday afternoon I was thinking about how we've been trying to
find Nick a new job for so long now. I am afraid of God saying no to something
new and being stuck where we are. It scares me. I know if he got a new job,
it'd make getting a new(er) vehicle easier. I know it'd make parenting slightly
easier (because it's never an easy task!) because we'd both be here. I know
it'd make paying off our debts slightly easier. Our lives would change. That's
not to say we still wouldn't have our struggles because we would. A new job
wouldn't solve all of our problems. It wouldn't even necessarily solve the
current issues. It would just help them. So now I'm afraid of God saying no.
I was going to wait to share this till the end, but it's such a big part
of my journey right now, that I'm going to. I know a few of you already know
and have been praying, and I appreciate it so much. Your prayers are working.
I have been doing the Daniel
Fast with Nick and I think around 10 other people at church. I haven't said
anything publicly because it's such a personal thing, and I don't want any of
the focus on me. I want it to draw me closer to God. And it is. Before this
fast began, we were told to pick a focus. We chose Nick's job search since that
is something that is so huge for us right now. I feel like God just keeps
pulling back all these layers and when it comes down it, I have some pretty
major trust and fear issues. I talked about fear a little yesterday. And like
I said above, we just added a new one. I am afraid of God saying no and being
stuck where we are. I was praying this morning before I even opened my
devotional book because this fear has been consuming since yesterday evening. I
guess I thought I'd have felt more direction from God one way or the other by
now. I don't know why, we were only a week into the 21 day journey. I am
growing and learning and God is peeling back layers of hurt, fear, and
distrust. But I have felt nothing one way or the other about this job search.
I have been a little confused, and confusion is not from God. In one devotion,
it talks about how if we believe, truly believe, it will happen. But what if we
believe and it's not God's will? I'm still trying to sort through this. I love
doing this, and I feel like God is doing something, but not how I was
expecting.
So back to this morning. I was praying about my fears and my distrust. I
felt God say, "Just trust me." Not in an audible voice, but in the depths of my
heart. I was taken by surprised. And then I questioned if it was really God
or a voice in my head. Satan is really trying to defeat me here, and I believe
he was trying to get me to question whether or not it was really God. I told
God it's so hard for me to trust because the majority of people in my life has
broken my trust in some way. Obviously that's to be expected. We are all
human. But how do we learn to trust when all we have known is broken trust? I
want to trust God with everything I have. I opened my book and began to read,
and one paragraph stood out to me. The author is talking about being
politically correct in God's kingdom. She wrote:
If I were politically correct in a Kingdom of God sense and a
full-fledged member in the "holy nation," I would have total trust in my King,
believing His every word and following His every lead. My heart would be full
of peace, and I would make love my aim. I would believe more, worry less, and
have complete confidence in my future no matter what condition the economy is in
or if my circumstances look dark or threatening."
Trust. Believing. Complete confidence. Those words keep popping out, even
as I look at it now. That is what I want. I have to start somewhere. I do
trust God, but not to the extent I should. In my human-ness, I still want to
have some control. I figure the only place to start is to start saying, "I
trust you, Jesus" outloud. My hope is the more I say it, the more I will be
able to. I want that complete confidence. I want God to heal all the
brokenness I have when it comes to trust. Only he can do that.
So, dear friends, please keep praying. I can't even say how, but keep
praying because God is moving!
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
6 months ago


1 comment:
Just commented on the previous post... and will say again that I will be praying. And that I am encouraged by your desire to work toward trusting God more. We know the benefits in doing so, but that doesn't make it easy! Keep trusting in all of God's promises, Rachel, one minute at a time!
Post a Comment