Welcome...Summer? It's only a few days into spring, but it has felt more like summer. For the last week or so, you would never have guessed it's only mid-March. It has felt more like mid-June! It has been in the 70's and 80's most of those days. We have been in shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and I even had to go out and buy sunblock already. Our trees and bushes sprouted buds. Our driveway was covered in sidewalk chalk until yesterdays rain washed it all away. We've had the bikes and cozy coupes out, we've taken walks, and we even took our first trip of the year to the zoo!
When we got our tax return, we decided to get memberships to Brookfield Zoo and one of the museums in Chicago since we don't take vacations. I think we were a little torn on what museum to choose as our second membership. We like the Field Museum, but we felt our kids aren't old enough to enjoy going that often right now. I really wanted to do the Museum of Science and Industry. I think they'd have a blast, but Nick thought they were still a little young. We ended up choosing Shedd Aquarium, and at with kids five and under, I think that was the best choice. We have already gone twice, and the membership has more than paid off already. The kids have loved looking at the different exhibits. Adleigh's favorite is the penquins for sure. Kylee and Elijah change their minds everytime I ask them. The best part about having the memberships is we don't have to rush through. If we don't see something, it's ok because we know we'll be going back. It was totally worth it for us to do this, and it makes for some great family memories. Micah won't remember them, but we're hoping to continue with our Brookfield membership each year, and maybe rotate the museums.
Micah is 3 months old now. He's growing like a week, but that is probably because his one and only hobby is eating as much as he possibly can. He has some really cute baby rolls on his legs and arms, and he has this amazing double chin. He is very ticklish and in the past couple of weeks has learned how to laugh rather than just grunt. He also figured out how to roll over-from back to belly. Most babies go from belly to back first, but I'm pretty convinced this kid is bound and determined to do everything the hard way first. He was like that from birth with a posterior delivery. (Posterior is head down, but facing my belly instead of my back...not a great way to deliver a baby...OUCH!) He is such a joy though. He is a more serious baby than the other three were, but he is still quite smiley. He seems to be especially smiley with Kylee right now.
Next week we pre-register Kylee for kindergarten. I can't believe it. I can't believe my time with her is almost done. She will be leaving me for several hours a day. I have a feeling this is going to be an emotional roller coaster ride. Sending your kid off to school takes a lot of faith. Holy cow, I'm already anxious about tornadoes when she's there or crazy people getting in the school. I have a feeling it's going to be a major time of growth for Kylee and me both! It will be so weird running errands next year with only three kids. I think I might cry just writing this. I know sending her to a public school is the best option right now. She will have so many amazing opportunities in the program she got into, and I'm very excited for her. A little sad for me though.
On that note, I'm going to sign off before I make myself cry!!
Pickleball. Am I Too Old For This?
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment