Monday, February 6, 2012

Life

There really isn't a whole lot going on right now to post about.  Kylee and Elijah are playing soccer on Saturday mornings at church.  We love it because it's pretty laid back, and they are having fun.  That's exactly what they should be doing at this age.  Daddy loves it because he loves seeing his kids play a sport he loves.  I think he should coach.  I keep telling him that. 

Kylee, Elijah, and Adleigh are all in gymnastics right now.  They are having a blast.  Kylee is in Level 1 now, and she's learning to do cartwheels on the balance beam and several other things.  She is constantly showing us what Ms. Ursula taught them.  I think she is a gymnast at heart.  I think this sport will eventually give me a heart attack!  I think it's awesome to watch, and our kids really enjoy it, but man, I'm scared to watch them when they are a little older!  Elijah is in Little Pros, which is the top preschool class.  He finally got to a point where he can do the monkey bars with no help.  I imagine he'll be in this level for a while.  He has Ms. Donna, and she is a great teacher for him.  She doesn't put up with anything, she's encouraging, and she pushes them to do their best.  She makes those kids work hard, and I'm so glad.  Adleigh just started in January, and she is the two year old class.  They are so cute.  It's fun to watch her walk around with Ms. Rachel and see her smiles as she does stuff.  She likes it right now.  I can see Kylee and Elijah both being gymnasts long term.  Elijah says he wants to play football when he can.  My kids all want to play sports that are going to kill me by watching them!  HA! 

Micah is growing like a weed.  Why do they have to grow so fast?  He is smiling more, cooing, and he even laughed for the first time this weekend.  I almost cried because it was fun to hear that first laugh, but I will never hear another first laugh.  Every one of his firsts are our lasts, and it's so bittersweet.  Our family is complete, and we are happy with our decision, but there's a part of me that will miss all this baby stuff when we're done.

Nick is working on getting another round of FPU started.  He is working up north and at Monicals.  I can't complain, he is a good provider for our family, I'd just like to have him home more.  We are praying that God will open some doors to get a job closer to home.  Being closer to home would mean saving a LOT of money in gas, so he could drop at least one night at Monicals.  There is a door that is cracked open, but we don't yet know if it will fully open, or if it will shut.  I would love for it to open wide, but at the same time, we don't want something that wouldn't be a blessing to our family, so we wait.

I am grateful for this time I get at home with our kids.  Kylee is a mere six months away from kindergarten.  I can't believe I will soon have a child in kindergarten.  This time is going by so quickly, it's crazy.  One day we are going to wake up and we'll be sending her off to college.  We keep busy during the week by going to Moms Group at church, gymnastics, sometimes the Exploration Station, stores, the parks when it's warmer, and we have plenty to do here at home.  We now have a rule of no TV during the day.  We got to a point where it seemed it was always on, they were fighting a lot, and they didn't want to do anything.  So I turned it off.  They all play so much better, they are more creative, sillier, we turn worship music on more and sing and dance to that.  We really are trying to enjoy life. 

Just a random kid story.  This morning, we were in the car.  On Monday mornings we usually go to Starbucks for my weekly drink before moms group.  I heard Kylee trying to talk to me in the backseat.  She said, "Mommy, that song that was on before made my tears fall."  I wasn't sure which song she was talking about, so I started going through them so she could tell me which one it was.  The music in our car is almost always a rehearsal CD from church so Nick can practice for worship team or choir.  I figured out which song it was, and asked her why her tears fell during the song.  It's a song that makes my tears fall too, but I wanted to hear what she had to say.  She just kept smiling shyly saying she didn't know.  I explained what the song meant, and she smiled and asked for it again.  I don't really remember what it was like to be five.  I don't know how much impact this is having on her now, or even how small children feel music and if they "get it."  By if she doesn't get it, at least somewhere in her heart, why would it bring tears?

These are the lyrics to the song that "made her tears fall."
I Will Sing Praise

I will sing praise, I will lift my voice,
I will sing praise, I’ve made my choice.
I will sing praise in all I do.
I will sing praise to you.
(Repeat)

No matter the storms that come my way,
No matter the trials I may face,
You promised that you would see me through.
So, I will trust in You.

I will sing praise, I will lift my voice,
I will sing praise, I’ve made my choice.
I will sing praise in all I do.
I will sing praise to you.

No matter the storms that come my way,
No matter the trials I may face,
You promised that you would see me through.
So, I will trust in you.
I will trust in you.

I will sing praise, I will lift my voice.
I will sing praise, I’ve made my choice.
I will sing praise in all I do.
I will sing praise to you.

I will sing praise to you.
I will sing praise to you.

No comments: