Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long time

It's been a long time since I've posted.  The biggest change is we are no longer a family of five, but a family of SIX!!!Micah Monroe joined our family on Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 9:00 P.M.  He weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long.  He thought he'd make his grand entrance sunny side up (facing up instead of down-definitely not ideal and more painful than facing down!).  He was born on my Uncle Hetch's birthday.  I am not really surprised he was born on a family members birthday.  I have four aunts and uncles, my grandma, my cousin, Nick's cousin, and who knows who else's birthday in December.  That doesn't include my own birthday and Adleigh's birthday! 

I'm kind of OCD about some things so Micah's birthday was perfect.  I kept telling Nick he had to be born on a Saturday and it had to be an odd numbered day.  At first I wanted him to be born on my grandma's birthday, but that was an even numbered day.  Both of our girls were born on a Wednesday so I thought it'd be so cool if Micah was born on a Saturday like Elijah was.  Then I realized that Kylee was born on an even numbered day and in an even numbered year.  Elijah and Adleigh were born on odd numbered days in odd numbered years.  It was only fitting that Micah be born on an odd numbered day since it was an odd year.  It all worked out beautifully for my dorky brain.  =)

Elijah was so excited to have a brother! I can still picture the look of happiness and pride on his face when he came into my hospital room to see his new brother! We are all so happy with our newest addition.









No comments: