Five years ago, when I was pregnant with Kylee, I never would have thought I'd be using cloth diapers on one of my kids. I likely would have laughed in your face if you told me I would love it, and I'd sometimes sit on the internet looking at the different patterns and colors. I'd laugh even harder if you told me I will do my best to match a diaper to a shirt or dress if we are going out. But that is where I am today. A little over a year ago, a friend loaned me a few diapers to try out. Another friend found out, and then sent me a few that she no longer used, and yet another friend sold me a bunch for really really cheap. After a couple weeks, I was hooked! I was planning when I could buy some more to increase my supply. I found a great deal online from a mom who sold me a few Bum Genius 3.0's, a swimmer diaper, and a few covers for a pretty reasonable price. It was great! When tax season came in February, we had a budgeted amount of our return that I was allowed to spend on diapers and other diaper supplies. I remember the woman working that day commented to Nick how I looked like a kid in a candy store. Never did I dream I'd get so excited about buying diapers! So many colors! Bright, pastels, prints! It was great! I think I left the store with somewhere between 15-20 diapers, a FuzziBunz wetbag, and some Eco Sprout detergent (which is only half gone and I've had it for nearly five months!).
I thought cloth diapering would have been much more difficult than it actually is. It's not that hard to have to rinse, wash, and dry them. Well, Nick's job is to rinse them. I love not having to run out and buy diapers ever coupld of weeks. What I really love is I don't have to use little bloomers when Adleigh wears a dress! Cloth diapers are so cute and colorful! It's cute when they stick out under her skirts and dresses. I can't say the same for Pampers or Huggies! When it's a little cooler, I can even pair them with Babylegs! (If you aren't familiar, check them out! They are so cute!
I have learned there are certain types of diapers I love, some I like, and others I don't like at all. Even though they are the most cost effective, I do not like prefolds. I thought they were more of a pain. We've used fitteds with covers at night for the past year. I like them at night, but they are too bulky for during the day. I think a little fluff is cute, but my girl is little! She looks a little ridiculous when it gets too "fluffy!"
Our favorites and what we use the most are FuzziBunz one size diapers and BumGenius 4.0's with snaps. I was so glad when BumGenius came out with snaps because Adleigh can remove the diapers that velcro pretty easily. I really like Rumparooz one size diapers with snaps, but they are a little more expensive then FuzziBunz or BumGenius, so we only have one right now. Maybe we'll have more at some point.
These are two fo our FuzziBunz. See, fun colors!
These are three of our BumGenius 4.0's-colorful and prints!
Happy Heiny's are cute, and there are some adorable prints, but they don't fit Adleigh as well. They fit great in the waist, but are a little loose in the legs. Maybe this brand will fit baby #4 better.
WAHM diapers-This is one of our favorites because we LOVE the Bears at our house. Made by a mom, but just as good as my other diapers!
Cloth diapers are easy to dry outside, and the sun helps bleach them naturally. I've gotten rid of some stains putting them outside.
One happy girl! She loves her cloth too!
Nice and comfy for sleeping...and makes for much cuter pictures too!


No comments:
Post a Comment