Friday, February 18, 2011

Hosanna!

Did you know Hosanna means save me now? I learned that at choir practice on Wednesday night. I thought it was another praise term...like awesome, holy, etc. Can you imagine being in the crowds the first Palm Sunday? Imagine standing in the streets, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jesus on coming down the street, knowing without a shadow of a doubt in your heart that he was the Messiah, no matter what other said, shouting to him "Hosanna! Save me now!" Those people knew Jesus was the Messiah. They knew he was there to save them, to save us! We have their experiences in the Bible to tell us Jesus is the Son of God, our Messiah. They had prophecies, but they KNEW it was him. Learning the meaning of the word made me look at the story and songs with Hosanna so differently. I know I'll be singing them differently as well!  Praise the Lord I can say He HAS saved me!

No comments: