Recently, I got a letter in the mail from Kylee's Sunday school teacher as we do every week. It was following the conclusion to their unit on David and Goliath. The kids came home with decorated Burger King crowns and they were SO cute! Usually when I ask Kylee what she learned, she responds with "I don't remember." Just a day or so after receiving Ms Carol's letter Kylee had her little children's Bible out turned to the page of David and Goliath (I think that may have been more of a coincidence, but maybe not). I asked her to tell me the story, and she told me there was a big giant. I asked what happened to him. She said the boy knocked him over. (I have to ask a lot of questions to get anything out of that girl!). I proceeded to ask who the boy was, and she told me he was David. After more questioning, she told me he killed the giant with his "swinging thing" and stones. I'm so glad to know she's learning so much, and she's in such good hands on Sunday mornings with Ms. Carol and then Ms. Teri. I am so thankful for the people God is placing in the lives of my children. I'm so glad they love our kids so much they want them to learn the word of God, and they are willing to teach it. I'm grateful for people who don't think my four year old is too young to learn, or to accept Jesus into her heart.
1 comment:
I can't wait for Junior to learn these stories. I still have my bible from when I was a kid and I have that book with all the bible stories from the animals perspective and I read them to him all the time. Although me and Devilan both agree that we will allow Junior to believe as he wishes as he grows up, but I pray he does decide to believe in God and live his life for Him. I want to go to church, but I am afraid to put him in the nursery because I will end up being called out anyways to nurse him. I really don't even have any idea on how nurseries work at church's anymore!
Post a Comment