We've spent the past couple weeks moving. We've got everything in our new place, but we are still trying to get things set up. The kids are enjoying all the space they have to play. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by all the boxes that need emptying. So far, we are loving it. We had one scare though. I tried doing laundry one day and could smell gas. I shut everything off, but the smell only got worse. I called Nick, he called the landlord, she called the gas company. We had multiple leaks in the basement. Someone, who apparently wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, put the lines together without sealing any of the threaded connections. How the people who lived here in the past are still alive, I do not know. Landlord sent someone out, they took it all apart, put it back together and sealed it all. We haven't smelled any gas since.
We had a great 4th of July. We took the kids swimming, then we took them to the fireworks in Momence. We got there a little late, so we just parked in a parking lot and watched from there. Next year we'll go early.


No comments:
Post a Comment