Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Taking the Plunge

Thanks to Alicia, we are testing out some cloth diaper options. This is a big deal for us. I've toyed with this idea since before Adleigh was even born, but decided I hate doing laundry, therefore, it's never kept up and I do piles of it in a couple days. The last couple weeks I've kept my laundry hampers nearly empty by doing a load or two of laundry a day (the dark clothes basket seems to fill very quickly here!), or at the very least, every other day. I CAN keep my laundry up if I try. And it's really not so bad if I do it a little at a time!

Today Adleigh has been in a prefold and in fitteds. Even after just a few hours, I think I already can tell I prefer the fitteds. They are so easy. Almost as easy as disposables, yet they won't take hundreds of years to biodegrade. To start, we'll probably do both cloth and disposable. We will purchase as we are able. I'm really excited about this, but I'm totally scared too. I have to wonder what will happen when Adleigh shows up in the church nursery with cloth diapers on Sunday.

It's an expensive start-up cost, but after that it's not. I have my wedding dress posted on a couple sites, we are having a garage sale in a couple weeks (baby clothes will be there for boys and girls! I'm going to get rid of stuff!

We'll see in a couple weeks how we like it.

1 comment:

Brooke and Josh said...

I seriously love it! The only con I have is that Jake is a super peer so we have to change him pretty frequently. But even when he was in disposibles we had to change him more frequently than I have ever had to change any other baby. Probably the biggest concern I had about that was overnight, but we played with it and figured out a system that works!