I went to a garage sale yesterday. I'm not a good garage saler yet. Maybe someday. We spent 19.25 on some things we were looking for, a couple things we were not. They had a $5 dresser that I desperately wanted, but as Nick walked up to the tent to tell them we wanted it, someone carried it away. I was really bummed because it was in good condition and we need another dresser! I'll have to keep my eyes open.

$5 for this basketball hoop. We've been looking at these and even the really cheap ones are expensive! No net, but I think we can make do for now.

$1.00 Rockin' Tunes Music & Lights Sit-n-Spin. I tried lookin g the price up for a new one, but it seems to be a WIDE range from about $40 all the way up to $129 on amazon. Do people really pay $129 for plastic?

$.25 This was Nick's pick. He wanted a large flashlight.

$1.00 Another one of Nick's picks. Apparently our bathroom needs a clock.

$5.00 ($2.50 apiece) 4T carters footed sleepers. I honestly didn't mind getting these for $2.50 since Carters blanket sleepers are usually marked at $20 apiece. Although they never actually cost that much at Kohl's. They are currently on sale for $10 apiece at Kohls, but I got two for that price, and it great condition.

$2.00 Carters 0-3 month baby boy outfit. I got this for my sister, but I'm not sure if she'll like it since it's blue and she prefers greens, but for two bucks, I picked it up. If she doesn't like it, I'll hold on to it and see if we have a boy.

$1.00 Got this for our baby, but I'm not sure if it is neutral enough, or if it's a little too girly. I guess I'll have to put it on him/her and see. If we have a boy and it's too girly, I've only lost a buck, and I'll save it in case we have a girl in the future. If it's a girl, it will be fine.

$3.00 Carters 4T Jeans. The looked hardly worn, have adjustable waist, so Kylee will be stylin!
We also snagged Kylee 3 pairs of brand new earrings at 3 for $1.00
2 comments:
we used to have the same sit and spin, i got mine at a garage sale for $2, i think. oh, and if you don't mind digging, the Salvation Army Thrift Store is awesome. I got a Bumbo seat for $1, and a Chicco High-chair (the kind that hook on a table) for $2.
You did a good job! The sleepers especially were a good find--hard to find those in good shape used. And don't worry--the more you do it, the more you'll find. :)
The Salvation Army Thrift Store is a good suggestion. I'd also suggest Granny's Attic, Asbury, and Jazzy Jenique's for kids' stuff. Have you ever been to the children's resale on Broadway in Bradley? I haven't been recently.
Post a Comment