Thursday, February 5, 2009

25...er, 50 Random things

I was tagged so many times on facebook, I decided to do it twice.

Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

1. I hate new years resolutions. I make goals. It's easier to keep them if I think of them as goals.

2. I miss being pregnant. Who thought I'd ever say that since I felt miserable?!?!

3. I want at least two more kids...maybe three

4. I love the snow! I just wish it didn't always have to get quite so cold.

5. I am a perfectionist, though you'd never know it by looking at my house with two kids, a dog and a husband to clean up after.

6. I hate to be late. It stresses me out. And we are ALWAYS late so needless to say, I'm stressed frequently.

7. I am a FIRM believer in breastfeeding, even publicly (take that facebook!), but I will never push it on anyone, and I will always be supportive of a woman's choice on how she feeds her baby

8. I think abortion is murder. Give your baby to someone who will love him/her if you don't care.

9. I love the internet. I have made some wonderful friends via xanga and facebook like Melissa, Laurie, Brie,Becki, Mandy, Melissa from Canada, Lindsay-just to name a few. =)

10. I hate when people touch me when I'm stressed or having a bad day. Don't hug me, don't pat my back or my arm, etc. It makes it worse, not better.

11. I hate when people tell me things aren't a big deal when I am stressed. Seriously, if you know me AT ALL, you know it's better to let me deal with it, and to keep your mouth shut. Again, just makes things worse.

12. I HATE HATE HATE people touching my belly when pregnant. You are not touching the baby, you are touching my belly, even if you can feel baby. It makes me uncomfortable. I especially hate when people try to touch my belly when I'm only a few weeks along and not showing. I can't even feel the baby at that stage, what makes you think you can? It's not good luck, it's just annoying.

13. I hate that people assume that because we have two kids and/or are boy and a girl, we have the perfect family and we should be done. Our family will be complete when we're finished building it.

14. (this should be numer 1) I think I have the most amazing husband in the world. He loves me and our children, he supports us financially, we agree on how we want our family raised (and it's often against the norm), he loves to snuggle, and he loves God. What is better than that?

15. While I don't think my parents are perfect, I think they were great parents and raised us well.

16. I love being a mommy. Some days it is so hard I want to run up and down the street screaming, but more days than not, they are better and I have two precious, intelligent, beautiful beings that God created out of love.

17. I love starbucks. If I had the money, I'd go there every single day. It always takes me a while to figure out what I want unless I'm craving something because I like so many different drinks.

18. I look forward to naptime every single day. I relish in the quietness of our home during that time. I try to read or facebook or workout. The only sound is the dog snoring (or Bob or Jillian yelling at me if I'm working out).

19. I love my family! It's ginormous! It's been said (and made me angry) that my family must not be very close, but quite the contrary! If the economy wasn't so horrible in Michigan, I'd actually consider living there again. They are the most fun, loving, supportive people I know.

20. I am extremely picky about how our clothes are hung in closets. It has to go in a specific order, so I think I scared my husband into not wanting to hang clean clothes up. He'll put away folded things, but I usually do the hang-ups.

21. I have had the same best friend since fourth grade. We can go days without talking, but when we do, it's like we never missed a beat (and for the record, we usually talk 2-4 times a week).

22. I love my moms group at church. I didn't know most of the ladies very well before, and now I feel a little lost without my two hours on Mondays with them. Hurry up Jan. 19!

23. I will never keep a secret from my husband. If you don't want me to tell him something, don't tell me. There are times when I forget later, or it just never comes up, but don't ask me to not tell him anything. I'd rather you just not tell me. I also don't tell people things if I don't want their spouse to find out. I will never ask someone to keep anything from their spouse. The exception would be surprises! And you never have to worry, my husband is the best secret keeper ever...pretty much because he has a horrible memory and rarely remembers me telling him!

24. I like frosting straight out of the can. YUM!

25. I am very untrusting. I've been hurt way too many times and it takes a while to earn my trust now. It takes even longer if you have broken it. I can forgive, but I never forget. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I won't let it happen again.

25 MORE!

1. I hate when people take advantage of me, my husband or others I love.

2. We almost left our church after things ONE person said about us started getting back to us and people started treating us differently. Now most know both sides and realize theother person either exaggerated a LOT or didn't ever tell our side of things. We never left because we never felt like God wanted us to. Two people still glare at me anytime they see me. I just smile and keep walking. Kill 'em with kindness, my mom always said.

3. We LOVE our sunday school class. Kathy Heck is an awesome teacher, and the people in our class are great.

4. I am a FIRM believer that you can make any marriage work (outside of abuse) if you really want to. But WANT is the key word.

5. I like my kids a whole lot and hope to have at least two more. Maybe three. I think that freaks my mother in law out. =)

6. I hope to adopt from China someday. I already have her name picked out.

7. We also have our next two children's names picked out if God chooses to bless us with more. You, however, will not know till they are born.

8. We try to incorporate someone's name from our family in eachof our childrens' names: Kylee's middle name is Nichol, we just removed the AS from Nicholas. Elijah's middle name is Roman, Roman is my dad's name.

9. I come from a gigantic family and I love it. I love that I have lots of aunts and uncles and even more cousins. Nick's ENTIRE family-all of his cousins, aunts, uncles on both sides-is smaller than just my mom's side. My dad's is even bigger.

10. I hope my sisters have lots of babies too. I want my kids to have the huge family I experienced growing up.

11. I hate the color pink. I wear it a lot because, according to my color analysis, it's a good color for me. I still don't like it though.

12. I met some of my closest friends online. Xanga has been a great way to find new friends and nurture those relationships. I've actually met a few of them in person.

13. I think being a mom is the hardest job there is. The worry about doing it right, dealing with tantrums, potty-training, fighting over toys, knowing that at some point they are going to do something that will break your heart, worrying about their safety and health, their education, etc. But the hugs and kisses and "i yub you mommy's" make it all so very worth it!

14. One of my biggest pet peeves is inproper carseat use. The chest strap is supposed to be at the armpits and only two fingers should fit between the chest and the strap. Read instructions people, this is the safety of your child.

15. Another biggest pet peeve is people who incorrectly write a lot. It is not alot or allot or allott. It is A space LOT. This is grade school grammar. Thanks to Mr. Busick, I will never get past this annoyance. =)

16. I have had the same best friend most of my life (after my husband, of course). We met in fourth grade, but hated each other in middle school. We reunited in 9th grade and have been best friends ever since!

17. I think I have the cutest kids in the world. =)

18. I want to be an event coordinator some day. I don't want to plan parties, but big events like benefit concert, charity balls, things that have some purpose and meaning behind them and will also help others. I planned my first benefit concert in college and loved every minute of it.

19. If I don't ever do event planning, I'd like to go back to school and get my teaching degree.

20. I always said I'd never buy baby legs because I thought they were silly. I bought three pair last night at Target for 2.98 apiece. It was the last three they had left. I realized how useful they could actually be. (baby legs=leg warmers for baby-very useful for potty-training, babies who learn to crawl in the summer and usually only wear onesies, just to help keep warm, etc)

21. I never thought I'd be a breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing mama. I do/did all three proudly. My next venture is to try cloth diapering! I'm really excited.

22. I love the delivery aspect of having a baby. I could deal with out the labor part but I LOVE the delivery side of it. I feel like I accomplished something great and have a great reward. I'd love to video-tape my next delivery.

23. I love to run. I never thought I'd be a distance runner, but I love it. I'm running my second 5K in April.

24. My favorite movie is White Christmas. I think it is the best movie ever. AFter that, I like just about every girlie movie out there!

25. I am THOROUGHLY enjoying the fact that it's after 8 am and Elijah is still sleeping! Especially since I feel like I got hit by a train today. If only he'd sleep ALL night instead of waking up once.

No comments: