Saturday, May 10, 2008

TOOTH!

Guess what happened at our house today? We got a tooth! And it wasn't Kylee this time! Elijah got his first tooth. I could see it trying to come through this morning, and sometime during his nap, it actually popped through. I can't believe it. Kylee got her first tooth when she was 11 months old! I was hoping he'd be the same since I'm still breastfeeding, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. My boy is growing up WAY too fast!

We've been discussing the money issues. Today Nick said he's going to look for other jobs, and even if he has to work three jobs, he doesn't want me to have to work. Hopefully that would just be temporary, if at all necessary, but I would like it if he got something so he could leave Aurelio's. They don't pay enough enough to cover the gas he uses to deliver, plus the owners aren't very nice. He's trying to get into Monicals. At Aurelio's, they pay a flat 75 cents a delivery, but there are exceptions when it's a little further. At Monical's, they get 58 cents a mile. I figure out if he did 10 deliveries that were all five miles away, he'd make 7.50 at Aurelios, but he'd make $29 at Monicals. We've heard someone is leaving Monical's so he's already got his application in. He also applied at Target today. I said I'd get a job too, but again, the numbers just don't make sense to pay a babysitter. We are going to use his tip money next week and his next Aurelio's check for our trip to Michigan in a couple weeks. I would cancel it, but my cousin is going to be there for the last time before he goes to Iraq and I really want to see him. Please keep praying for us. I'm having a really hard time keeping the faith right now. I'm doing my best though. I really want to lean on God and I"m trying, but it's so hard for me to just say, "Ok, I know we're going to be ok" when the numbers on our bank

My party is on Monday night and I can't wait! It sounds like we're going to have a pretty good turnout. Now if I could just manage to make sure we have some food! I'm thinking simple finger foods or cookies or something. As long as we can keep the bathroom, living room, and kitchen picked up, we should be good as far as cleaning! I do want to get my room put back together. There are still books everywhere because I"m trying to figure out what should stay and what can stay boxed up for now.

Here's my song for today. It's by Prestonwood Church Choir

So many times I've questioned certain circumstances,
Things I could not understand.
Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision
That's when my frustration gets so out of hand.
But it's then I am reminded that I've never been forsaken.
That I've never had to stand one test alone, no.
Then I look at all my victories
and the Spirit rises up in me,
and it's through the fire, my weakness is made strong.
Oh yeah!

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy,
that the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered our vict'ries without fighting
but he said help would always come in time.

Just remember when your standing
in the valley of decision
and the adversary says give in,
Just hold on, my God will show up, yeah
and he will take you through the fire again.

I know within myself that I would surely perishBut if I trust the hand of God, He’ll shield the flames again, again

And He never promised the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climbJust hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire againJust hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again

No comments: