Friday, May 9, 2008

Celebrate Life

I'm judging Celebrate Life at Olivet today. I'm wishing that I would have said no. I don't really want to leave my kids that long. 2-4 hours is one thing, but 7?!?! I have only left them that long once, and that was when we were in Tucson moving our stuff and my parents watched them. I know some people don't mind leaving their kids for several hours at a time, and that's fine for them. But we chose for me to stay home so I was the one with them all day. I'd rather have to hire a babysitter for a date night than to sit through speeches, drama, miming, etc. all day long. Not to mention, Elijah still won't take a bottle so if he won't take it from my sister, she has to bring him up to me. Dave must've been pretty desperate to be ok with me breastfeeding while judging! I know people probably think we're weird because we hardly ever leave our kids with anyone, but really, we enjoy taking them with us. An occasional date night would be fun, but we are extremely picky about babysitters and I trust very few people with my kids based on some experiences we've had. I already miss them. =(

It's hard to believe how fast Kylee and Elijah are growing. Kylee is going to be two in September. It doesn't seem possible. I love to watch her play and feed her baby dolls..then try to feed me. =) She tried to brush Elijah's teeth (even though he has none) with her dora toothbrush the other day. She gagged him instead, but at least she thought he needed a clean mouth! She's trying to count. I think her favorite number is two. She's finally starting to say one, but we used to say one and she'd say two. She says "TEEWOOO!" when she wants to jump off something.

I can't believe Elijah is crawling, sitting up, pulling up, and cruising. He's not even 7 months old! He was doing it all around the six month mark, give or take a few days depending on the milestone. I fear he will be walking before we're ready for it. He's having a hard time sleeping right now. Last night he was up from 12-2am. NOT FUN! I would tell him to go to sleep, which obviously he doesn't quite understand, but he would just look up at me with those hazel eyes and a big smile. How can I resist those eyes and smile? He's my sweetie pie that's for sure!

Well, I suppose it's time for me to actually get ready to go. Nikki will be here soon.

No comments: