Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Adleigh turns 3!!!

On Sunday, my third baby turned three years old.  How is this possible?  Saturday night I was thinking back to the anticipation I felt on December 8, 2009.  I had to be at the hospital at 7 the next morning for my induction (low fluid issues).  I don't think I slept much that night.  This was our third baby, but the first one we had decided to wait till birth to find out the sex.  The wait was fun, but I will admit, there were times I wanted to rip the bag that held the coming home outfit.  Only the ultrasound techs and a cashier at Kohls knew what this baby was going to be, and that cashier was more than happy to help us.  She put that outfit in three bags and taped it shut with packaging tape. 

They day went on, and we listened to the banging of the construction crew as they were working on Riverside's new addition.  The nurses were great, and the anesthesiologist was the best one yet.  I barely noticed when he got my epidural in.  He was joking and pretty funny.  I remember the doctor checking me at 6pm, and said I was at about 6cm.  Around 6:20, Nick went to meet someone at the entrance to give them our keys to let our dog out. My doctor checked me and I was at a 9, but she had to go deliver a baby who was ready NOW.  At 6:30 I was feeling a lot of pressure.  No doctor, no husband, but the nurses had me do a few practice pushes.  After just a few, she had the other nurse go find my doctor to see where she was on the other delivery.  This baby wasn't waiting much longer either.  My doctor delivered one baby at 6:35 and hurried back to my room.  We started real pushes at 6:40, and at 6:49pm, I had a beautiful baby.  Nick leaned in and whispered, "It's a girl!"  Seriously, one of the most precious moments ever.  There is nothing like hearing that from my husband and not an ultrasound tech.  Adleigh Rose had dark hair (a big shocker to those who knew me as a baby-I was bald as could be for a LONG time!), and fat, squishy cheeks!  She weighed in at 7lbs 12.5oz, and was 20 inches long.

That little baby was our compliant child from birth. She still is.  Adleigh was bigger than her older siblings at birth, but she is now a tiny little thing weighing about 26lbs and she's short!  She loves to give hugs.  She is content to play alone, and seems to prefer that much of the time.  She can be the sweetest little girl, but if you cross her, she will let you know.  She doesn't let anyone walk all over her.  She loves fiercely.  Adleigh may be tiny, but this girl has a personality the size of Texas! 







3 months old


9 months old


1 year old


18 months old


2 years old
 
 
Our THREE year old!!!



Adleigh with one of her most favorite people, Pastor Cindi.

No comments: