I truly believe this is how it should be though. This is the next step in our parenting journey. It's one that is teaching me to let go just a little more. I could keep her home and homeschool her. I could try to get her into a private Christian school if I wanted. But we firmly believe that our children are supposed to be in the public school system. Both options are great for other people, but we don't feel called to do either. It's scary sending her all day, five days a week, but it's the way it's supposed to be for us. I am excited, nervous, scared, happy, and sad all at the same time. I'm excited for all the new experiences Kylee will have, all the things she's going to learn, making new friends, and I know she is going to love it. I'm nervous about someone else being her primary influence all day long. I'm scared about what she will learn, that she will be bullied, or that something bad could happen and I'm not there to help her. I'm happy to see her so happy and excited. I'm happy to know that we are doing what is right for us despite criticism. I know Kylee has great leadership potential, and I think this setting will be great for helping shape that. I'm sad that the last (almost) six years has gone by so fast! I'm sad about how fast these years go by, and I wonder if I've been the kind of mom that she needed to be ready for this big step. I am hoping and praying that she will be a light for Jesus in her class, that the people around her will help mold her into the person God created her to be, and that God will keep her safe.
It is going to be so weird only having three kids tagging along with me during our daily activities. It's going to be weird not having Kylee around all day long. But I believe this is a step in our parenting that is showing us how to let go a little more. Our kids are not meant to be with us forever, and each step we take is preparing them to move on with life when they become adults, and it's teaching us to relinquish control and preparing us for that day they will leave home and start a life of their own. SO SCARY! I don't want my babies growing up so fast, but it's happening. My first baby is heading off to kindergarten in four days. I'm going to blink and she'll be heading off to college. Wow!
Five days old and almost six years old, trying on school clothes.



No comments:
Post a Comment