Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What season is it?


Our weather has been so crazy around here.  We've had some pretty amazing days in the upper 60's and lower 70's, which is pretty much perfect in my opinion.  But then it got really hot!  It was over 90 degrees a couple days last week!  I underestimated the heat.  I took my kids to the park for a walk, and by the end of our walk we were all bright red and exhausted.  I immediately brought them all home and put them in a cool bath and just let them play like it was a swimming pool for a while.  Our air conditioning decided not to work for a couple of days.  We replaced our furnace filter and all was fine after that!  Now, less than a week later, it's back in the 50's and lower 60's.  Some are complaining.  I'm not complaining about these temps.  It's spring!  These are the temps we should have in the spring.  I do complain about the drastic changes because they keep making us sick!  Everytime, we seem to get sick, and poor little Adleigh is getting it the worst.  I feel so awful for her. 

We had a fabulous Easter.   We enjoyed an amazing Easter service at church celebrating the Ressurection of Christ, then came home, did an Easter egg hunt for the kids, then had lunch at our house with Nick's mom and his brother.  I'm looking forward to the summer, minus the hot temperatures!  We have lots of "field trips" planned with Moms group, and I'm so excited!  Splash Valley, the zoo, a farm, the splash pad, a cook-out at someone's house, possibly the Explorastion Station, etc.  I can't wait!

Not much else going on, so here are a couple of Easter pictures of the kids.


No comments: