Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where does the time go?

How did we go from this:
to this?

From here:
to here?
How is it possible that it's been almost four years since you made us a mommy and daddy? In just over 3 months you will be four years old! Time sure has flown and you sure have grown so much! I don't know why, but four is so much harder for me to handle than the three previous birthdays you've had. Maybe it's because four is a preschooler, no longer a toddler. Maybe it's because you've been promoted out of the nursery at church. You are such a sweet, smart, beautiful little girl. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. But please stop growing so fast!!!

_____________________________________________

We looked at a rental house last night. It is fantastic, cheaper than our current home, and oh so perfect for our family. I love the old woodwork inside. I love that there is not just one bathroom, but a half bath as well! Two people can pee at the same time! Until you've had a pregnant mommy and a 3 year old or a newly potty-trained 2 year old and a 3 year old in the same house, you don't understand just how important this can be! =) It has a basement, and after the tornadoes last weekend and how uncomfortably close they were to us, a basement is high on my priority list. We love this house. But we also know that God has a plan and it's all in his hands if it becomes "ours" or not. I will be a little sad if we don't, but only because it seems so perfect for us. But if we don't get it, I know there is something better out there for us. But I really like this one. I can already picture ways to decorate for Christmas. I already know exactly where the Christmas tree will go, and how we can wrap greenery on the stair case. I already know exactly where I would put my kitchen aide mixer. I can already picture us teaching Adleigh how to get upstairs to her room. I am totally in love with the closets in the master bedroom! Adleigh could actually sleep IN one for a few months before we move her out of our room! We are putting a lot of prayer into this house. We have made a move in the past where we thought God wanted us to go, but we were so completely wrong. I don't want to make a mistake like that, even if it is only across town rather than across country. I want what is best for our family.

___________________________________________
Check out my friend Julie's etsy shop:

1 comment:

Juniors_Momma said...

I like that house! Very nice!!