Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yuck

What about this commercial makes people want to go eat there? What is funny about kids cussing? Why would parents allow their children to be in this commercial? Why would adults want to be in it? It's so stupid. Personally, I think it is appalling. We don't have a Joe's Crab Shack around here, but they wouldn't be getting my business if they did. They really couldn't come up with anything more creative than a family cussing?

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I totally agree I wouldn't let my child do a commercial for them no matter what their price. I don't know what is up with Joe's crab shack's corporate offices it just seems like they mess up something left and right.

We had two near us at one point. Without warning the nearest one closed and they tore down the next nearest one not long after that.

I had three problems with their service and after the third time we did not go back. The first time I was trying to buy something in the gift shop area the sign said $12.99 and the tags also said 12.99 on all of the items. Well I went to purchase and it rang up twice that. And the manager said he'd give me 30% off and was quite rude about it. I left without purchasing the item.

The second time we went the waitress was rude and not only didn't refill our drinks but she didn't bring the dipping sauces that went with our entrees. Even after the three times we asked her. It was lunch time and the place wasn't busy at all I think only 4 other tables were occupied. I called the manager (different one than I delt with before) and he actually accused me of making it up! never mind that two other tables had the same problem and I was with 3 witnesses.

Third time we went they had yet another manager (the previous two had been fired) and we had quite a large number in our party. Again we were stuck with a waiter that not only didn't refill our drinks but didn't bring us what we ordered, then we were billed for things we didn't order so our bill was more than what it should have been. We asked to speak with the manager and he said our meal would be comp'd. Well it wasn't and I got a suprise on my bank statement. We went over his head and the manager tried to say our meals weren't comp'd but there were more than 10 witnesses hearing him say that he'd comp'd the meal. So it wasn't until we threatened to sue that the manager suddenly remembered that he did in fact say he'd comp our meal.

Not surprisingly the restaurant closed as did the next nearest one. And I have found stories like mine are very common about this restaurant. They used to have at least 25 more locations but they've closed down suddenly and without warning.

I think I'll stick with the family friendly Red Lobster.