Friday, January 21, 2011

Soccer Mom

It's official.  I've had the minivan, now I have a soccer player.  I am officially a soccer mom.  Kylee had her first soccer game last week.  To be honest, I know next to nothing about soccer.  I know that only the goalie can touch the ball with his hands.  I know that they have to kick the ball into the goal of the opposite team.  That's about it.  Turns out, it doesn't matter all that much for a team of four and five year olds!  They have their goalies and then just run.  They all chase the ball and try to kick it.  It is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  I'm glad my kids get the opportunity to participate in a team sport as early as four years old, and through the church which makes it even better.  It makes me excited for Elijah to be able to play next year.  He says he's not going to.  He wants to play football with the Bears.  We'll see....  I also can't wait to get her back into gymnastics this spring, and try Elijah out in karate.  It's exciting to see how they like different things.





No comments: