I think that choosing to cloth diaper is one of the best decisions we've made. I wish I would have known more about it four years ago so we could have saved a ton of money in diapers. I'm not a "green" person, but it is helping the environment considering a disposable diaper takes 500 years to decompose! I wonder just how many diapers I've gone through in the past four years.
I was scared of the laundry I would have to do with cloth. Really, it's adding all that much. It's totally worth it considering we haven't had to pay a whole lot for our diapers. We've been extremely blessed by people giving us diapers or selling us diapers really cheap. I've only had to buy 2 diapers and 5 covers so far. I do want to expand my collection with something that is extremely simple, but what we have is great for me since I'm a SAHM and I don't mind learning how to do different diapers. I am so grateful to the people who have helped us get started. I wasn't really sure I liked the big "fluffy" butt cloth diapers give babies, but I've found that I could use different diapers when she needs to wear something that requires less bulk.
Now I'm becoming "addicted." I find myself looking up different diapers. I want to get cloth swimmers next summer. I want to get Kylee cloth trainers so we can stop buying pull ups for at night.
My next addiction-baby legs. I used to hate them. Now I love them. Not sure I'll get my hubby on board with this one so much. I'm working on him. =)
Does it make me a really big dork that I found an etsy site that has cloth diapers for baby dolls? I totally want to get Kylee some for her birthday!
And now for my cloth diapered baby:
Does it make me a really big dork that I found an etsy site that has cloth diapers for baby dolls? I totally want to get Kylee some for her birthday!
And now for my cloth diapered baby:


1 comment:
I'm scared to use cloth diapers. I don't know anything about them or how to clean them. I mean, what do you do with the poop in them? Scoop it out and flush it down the toilet? (you can laugh but that's the image I get when I picture a cloth poopy diaper lol).
I do want to get the baby legs. Junior is starting to scoot around and for now he doesn't get anywhere because we have to put a blanket on the linoleum floor so the blanket just gets all scrunched up. But in his crib or on our bed he's a little mover! And we'll have carpet soon so I want to protect his knees from carpet burns
Post a Comment